I am submitting this for recipe for Fettucine With Ground Beef And Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce to Presto Pasta Nights , which is being hosted this week by Juli of Pictures of All My Princesses

When I joined The Secret Recipe Club, my first post was a slight let down, as the person I was assigned did not bother to come along and comment on my post. Well, déjà vu struck when I moved to group C, and my assigned blogger not only did not comment, she did not post! But, I am loving my new group and I have met so many great new bloggers. This month, Mother Thyme is my assignment – don't you just love that blog name? Jennifer looks like the person whose home you could arrive at unannounced, and she would welcome you in with pleasure. She is a stay at home mum of twins who uses their down down time to create wonderful dishes using fresh ingredients that we can all afford.

As Dave and I are on a restricted diet, I am now making pasta once a week, and I want it to be a special dish. I chose her recipe for Steak Fettucine With Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce as rib eye steak is my favourite cut of meat. However, after shopping for all the ingredients, we ended up eating the rib eye for dinner the next evening. I could not get another rib eye steak and so I had to decide whether to adapt the recipe, or choose another one. At the same time, Dave and I were booking our trip to Venice, and my mind turned to traditional Italian meals. They always start with anti pasti and then move on to the primi of pasta and then secondi of meat and vegetables. So, I decided that as we had already had the second course, I would change up the recipe by making a first course pasta with a sauce of ground beef and follow the rest of Jennifer's instructions. We loved the result.

Fettucine With Ground Beef And Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce
Fettucine With Ground Beef And Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce

Fettucine With Ground Beef And Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce

  • 200 g fettuccine
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil plus olive oil for drizzling – I use an olive oil spray
  • 1 red onion chopped
  • 1 clove garlic sliced
  • 250 g ground beef
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 medium orange pepper cut into large wedges
  • 1 medium red pepper cut into large wedges
  • ½ cup crème fraîche
  • ½ cup grated hard cheese plus additional for serving
  • Preheat the oven to 220° Celsius and put your water for the pasta on to boil

  • Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions

  • Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion and the garlic until soft

  • Add the ground beef and brown

  • Season to taste and add the Worcestershire sauce

  • Leave the meat to cook while you start on the peppers

  • Place the peppers onto a baking sheet and lightly drizzle with olive oil

  • Lightly season and roast for 15 minutes until they are tender and slightly charred

  • Remove from the oven and blend until smooth

  • Add to the ground beef together with the crème fraîche

  • Adjust the seasoning and just before your pasta is ready, add the cheese to the ground meat

  • Stir in allowing the cheese to melt completely before adding the drained pasta

  • Mix together and serve topped with some grated hard cheese

Click on the links for conversions and notes .

To see other recipes from the Secret Recipe Club, click the linky below: And to see what Aimee made from my blog, click here.



Lavender and Lime Signature

Top of Page